These Kasiq portraits may seem simplistic to render, but what they lack in technical flair they make up for in unrivaled style.
Kasiq, whose real name is Jungwoo Lee, is a South Korean illustrator currently residing in Seoul. Looking at the images in this gallery, you can see that fidelity to realism isn't a priority for him, with a few of his subjects sporting impossibly crooked noses and oblong foreheads. This doesn't matter however, as he still manages to capture the likeness and personalities of each person he draws.
If a few of the faces in these Kasiq creations seem familiar, it's probably because the are. Kasiq's portfolio is littered with images inspired by famous musicians and actors. Among the few I was readily able to identify were Brandon Boyd, James Franco, Michael Moore, Jason Schwartzman and Tyler, The Creator.
Kasiq Illustrates Individuals that are Strange, But Beautiful
1. Expressive Portraits - Exploring unconventional and stylized approaches to portraiture, offering a unique and compelling visual experience.
2. Embracing Imperfections - Challenging the traditional notion of perfection and embracing flaws as a way to convey individuality and character in art.
3. Celebrity-inspired Art - Showcasing the popularity of creating artwork inspired by famous musicians and actors, blurring the lines between fan culture and artistic expression.
1. Art and Design - Opportunity to experiment with unconventional techniques and styles in portraiture, allowing artists to stand out in a crowded art market.
2. Entertainment and Media - Creating a bridge between fan communities and artists, offering unique ways to engage with famous personalities beyond traditional media channels.
3. Fashion and Merchandise - Collaborating with artists like Kasiq to create exclusive collections of apparel and merchandise featuring celebrity-inspired illustrations, providing fans with a unique form of self-expression.