There is colorblocking and then there is the Karolina Kurkova ELLE France editorial. Although there is definitely a colorblock theme going on, it is not as cut and dry as most stylist would typically take it. Instead, there is a whimsical element in place of an elegant one thanks to the slew of different textures used throughout the photoshoot.
Titled 'Sur Tous Les Tons,' which is French for In Every Key, the Karolina Kurkova ELLE France editorial does hold the key to great fashion. Filled with layers, materials and hues, this photoshoot is a lesson in mixing and matching. Shot by Nagi Sakai for the magazine's December 2011 issue, this elegantly playful editorial was styled by the creative Michele Beaurenaut.
The Karolina Kurkova ELLE France Editorial is Full of Color and Texture
1. Colorblocking - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring new ways to incorporate colorblock themes with a whimsical twist.
2. Mixing and Matching - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing technologies or platforms that make it easier for consumers to experiment with mixing and matching different textures, materials, and hues.
3. Elegant Playfulness - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating fashion designs or products that combine elegance with a playful twist, appealing to consumers who seek unique and creative styles.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing sustainable and eco-friendly materials into the fashion industry to enhance the whimsical element of designs while reducing environmental impact.
2. Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing advanced photo editing software or AI-powered tools to enhance the visual effects of colorblocking and mixing and matching techniques in fashion editorials.
3. Style and Lifestyle Publications - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilizing augmented reality or interactive digital platforms to enhance readers' engagement with fashion editorials, allowing them to virtually mix and match different textures, materials, and hues.