This Karlie Kloss editorial for Interview magazine (simply titled ‘Karlie’s Couture’) features the model in eclectic fashion looks styled by Elin Svahn and photographed by Gregory Harris. The most bizarre of the ensembles is a glittery gem-stone face mask paired with elbow length black gloves, an embroidered bodice gown over jeans and topped off with socks and sandals.
For the tamer looks, Karlie took the skate park, photographed in a glittery black dress and tube socks combo while hanging out with some skateboarders, strutting her stuff in a fire-engine red, parachute-inspired pant, or casually hanging out in a multi-tiered taffeta ball gown. The extravagance of these fashions creates a stunning juxtaposition with the urban environment of the skate park, and Kloss offers a full range of facial expression -- from a unapologetic yawn to an inquisitive stare -- that helps her pull off the eccentric styles.
Karlie Kloss’s Editorial Features High-End Fashion
1. Eclectic Fashion Trends - There is an opportunity for fashion brands to push the boundaries of traditional fashion and embrace eccentric, eclectic looks that offer unique personal expression.
2. Skate Culture Fashion Trends - Fashion brands can take inspiration from skate culture and incorporate elements such as tube socks and bold colors to create unique, edgy looks.
3. Fashion in Urban Environments - The use of high-end fashion in urban settings can provide a new opportunity for brands to explore fashion in a way that is unconventional and make a statement.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can explore eccentric, unconventional designs that merge fashion and urban culture for a new customer experience.
2. Skateboard Industry - The skateboard industry can collaborate with fashion brands to create unique merchandise, such as limited edition clothing and accessories.
3. Photography Industry - The photography industry can experiment with using unconventional settings and pairings to create unique editorial content that showcases fashion in a new light.