I initially clicked on 'Joy Division' by Marcela Abal Acosta thinking it would channel the epic 80s band, but I was pleasantly surprised to see this photo shoot instead. With a scribbled wallpaper setting sparsely outfitted with a retro television and turntables, each shot is a complete study in artistic expression.
Implications - The scribbled aesthetic is really eye-catching and visually compelling. Joy Division is an Iconic band that lends a cool, defiant aura to Marcela Abela Acosta's work. The record player and old TV are perfect retro elements to incorporate in the shoot. I also think that the color palette of the photos works really well.
Check out more images of 'Joy Division' by Marcela Abal Acosta above, and keep clicking for more retro-styled shoots.
'Joy Division' by Marcela Abal Acosta is a Novel Approach to Set Design
1. Scribbled Aesthetic - An emergence of an artistic style where the use of doodled and scribbled lines is becoming more popular to create visually compelling and unique designs.
2. Retro Styling - A growing trend of incorporating design elements from a past era into fashion, interior design, and photography.
3. Artistic Expression Through Set Design - A trend where set designers are exploring creative and unconventional ways to express their artistic vision through the use of unique set designs.
1. Fashion and Apparel - There is an opportunity for fashion brands to incorporate the scribbled aesthetic and retro styling into their products to create a distinctive look.
2. Interior Design - The trend towards retro styling and artistic expression through set design provides an opportunity for interior designers to create unique spaces that stand out.
3. Photography and Film - Photographers and filmmakers can use the trend of artistic expression through set design to create visually striking and memorable compositions.