Recently previewed on Adidas' Facebook page, these Jeremy Scott x Adidas 'Handcuffs' sneakers are stirring up controversy.
Clearly referencing shackles, the pair is an extremely daring take on footwear. Having received some pretty scathing responses on the web thus far, the shoes are, at the very least, excellent in bringing attention to the sportswear brand. Apart from the obvious handcuffs, there's not much that stands out about the shoes themselves. Colored in clashing purple and deep yellow tones, they are slightly offbeat but otherwise an average pair of runners. Collaborations between Jeremy Scott and Adidas have been quite strange in the past, so it's no surprise that these kicks are equally as odd as their predecessors.
Striking, odd and decidedly far from functional, this is a bold look sure to bring on a conversation about the political nature of fashion.
The Jeremy Scott x Adidas 'Handcuffs' Shoes are Provocative
1. Controversial Footwear - The Jeremy Scott x Adidas 'Handcuffs' shoes spark controversy and public discourse around the political nature of fashion.
2. Daring Collaborations - Collaborations between Jeremy Scott and Adidas consistently produce unconventional and attention-grabbing products, creating disruptive innovation opportunities in the fashion and sportswear industries.
3. Attention-grabbing Marketing - The provocative nature of the Jeremy Scott x Adidas 'Handcuffs' shoes attract attention and generate buzz, showcasing the power of unconventional marketing strategies in the footwear industry.
1. Fashion - The controversial and politically-charged nature of the Jeremy Scott x Adidas 'Handcuffs' shoes disrupt the fashion industry by challenging norms and sparking conversations around social issues.
2. Sportswear - The unconventional design of the Jeremy Scott x Adidas 'Handcuffs' shoes presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the sportswear industry by pushing boundaries and captivating consumer attention.
3. Marketing - The attention and controversy generated by the Jeremy Scott x Adidas 'Handcuffs' shoes highlight the potential of unconventional marketing strategies to disrupt the footwear industry and create buzz for brands.