Contemporary South Korean label MAXXIJ, headed by designer Maxxij Lee, debuted a collection of iridescent clothing for the Spring/Summer 2019 season. The line-up is dubbed 'VISITOR' and its presentation on the runway during Seoul Fashion Week proved to be incredibly eye-catching. For the silhouettes, Maxxij Lee experimented with different fabrics, outfit binding techniques, as well as the dynamic responsiveness of textiles to light.
We have seen a rise in iridescent clothing designs within the context of the fashion industry and MAXXIJ offers yet another chic contribution to the category. Aside from its captivating materials, the label's Spring/Summer 2019 collection is strongly inspired by travel which is communicated through minimalist graphics, 'Handle with Care' slogans and even neck pillows that are infused into the runway aesthetic.
Photo Credits: Thomas Welch
MAXXIJ debutes Its SS19 Collection at Seoul Fashion Week
1. Iridescent Clothing Designs - The rise in iridescent clothing designs presents opportunities for innovative materials and outfit binding techniques.
2. Travel-inspired Fashion - The trend of travel-inspired fashion allows for minimalist graphics and slogans to be incorporated into runway aesthetics.
3. Dynamic Textiles - Exploring the dynamic responsiveness of textiles to light opens up avenues for creative and interactive fashion designs.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can take advantage of the popularity of iridescent clothing designs and travel-inspired fashion to attract new customers and create unique collections.
2. Textile Industry - The textile industry has the potential to develop innovative fabrics and materials that enhance the iridescent characteristics of clothing designs.
3. Events and Fashion Show Production Industry - The events and fashion show production industry can incorporate iridescent clothing designs and travel-inspired elements to create visually captivating runway presentations.