In architecture, you don't have to choose between an orderly aesthetic and a disorderly one. Intersecting Boundaries embodies both compositional strategies to produce a compelling residential complex both inside and out.
Sarah J. Blitzer began with the basic grid, applying it to every exterior face of the structure as well as the circulation systems and the floor plans. On top of this is a more random rhythm of lines and forms that works to manipulate the uniformity into unpredictable undulations.
The result is a building with a truly remarkable texture. Masses of material extrude, resembling stone-like bubbles. These help to shape cavernous spaces on the ground floor of the mixed-program Intersecting Boundaries high-rise with unique areas up above for family units, studios and a spa.
Intersecting Boundaries Adds a Filter of Chaos to a Gridded Facade
1. Mixed-program Architecture - The integration of multiple functions within a single structure presents opportunities for innovative and dynamic spaces.
2. Unpredictable Undulations - The introduction of random rhythms into structured designs creates visually intriguing and captivating architectural forms.
3. Texture Manipulation - Exploring unconventional textures in building materials opens avenues for creating unique sensory experiences in architecture.
1. Real Estate - Real estate developers can leverage mixed-program architecture to appeal to different market segments and maximize the use of space.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can incorporate unpredictable undulations to transform ordinary spaces into visually stimulating environments.
3. Construction Materials - Manufacturers of building materials can explore texture manipulation techniques to develop innovative products that enhance architectural designs.