In an effort to draw more consumers in-store, Walmart partnered with Hard Candy to offer in-store makeup consultations and professionally led cosmetic demonstrations.
Walmart and Hard Candy have been working together since 2009, when the cosmetic company was retailed exclusively through Walmart. Now, the two businesses are expanding on its offerings to offer consumers a more informative and engaging experience. The in-store demos will function under two themes: Rock the Golden Glow for the day, and Rock the Golden Glam for the night. As the names suggest, these demos will teach consumers how to wear various day and night makeup looks.
The in-store cosmetic consultations will launch on May 10th throughout 365 stores in the united states.
Image Credit: Makeup artist stock photo from guruXOX
Walmart Partnered with Hard Candy for This Initiative
1. In-store Makeup Consultations - Giving consumers a more informative and engaging experience.
2. Professionally Led Cosmetic Demonstrations - Providing a more hands on approach for consumers to better understand cosmetic products.
3. Expanding on Offerings - Adding more value to store experiences and giving consumers more reason to visit physical locations.
1. Beauty and Cosmetics - Providing makeup consultations can help disrupt traditional models of selling cosmetics.
2. Retail - Adding new ways of engagement, such as in-store demos, can impact how consumers shop for products.
3. Consumer Goods - By expanding offerings to offer more informative and engaging experiences, it can attract and retain more consumers.