Trying to remember where you lost your keys? In this months Popular Science magazine they profiled several future technologies, including a combination of devices that will enable total recall by 2021. Imagine a contact lens and ear piece that see and record your life experience. When you need to remember something, you just bring up the old memory. I think I already dreamt of this when trying to cram for tests in university...
Popular Science explains, "Upgrading our memory is a matter of improving our recording and retrieving abilities. At the current pace of miniaturization, camera components could be made tiny enough to fit in a contact lens (A) in just a few years. A high-precision microphone could fit in your ear (B). And the data could be downloaded to a searchable handheld gadget (C)."
1. Total Recall Technology - The development of devices that enable total recall by 2021 presents opportunities for advancements in memory storage and retrieval.
2. Miniaturization of Camera Components - Advancements in miniaturization could lead to the integration of camera components into devices such as contact lenses, opening up new possibilities for capturing and preserving memories.
3. Enhanced Memory Recording and Retrieval - Improving recording and retrieving abilities through innovative technologies allows for better memory management and recall, offering potential avenues for disruptive innovation.
1. Technology - The technology industry can explore the development of memory-enhancing devices and gadgets, creating new markets and applications.
2. Healthcare - The healthcare industry can leverage total recall technology to assist patients with memory disorders, enabling more effective treatment and care.
3. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can benefit from total recall technology by creating immersive experiences and content that caters to people's desire to relive their experiences.