'Bearaby,' the company most known for its eco-conscious weighted blankets, announced the 'Hugget' line of stress-relieving weighted pillows. The Hugget pillows have a unique, knot-inspired shape where each pillow looks like a large spherical knot. This design is inspired by research from both child therapists and sleep scientists, which both concluded that hugging a weighted, tense ball is good for promoting various functions; namely reducing stress and promoting sleep.
The Hugget pillows are available in three sizes, with the smallest being fit for young children and the largest being suited to full-size adults. The smallest Hugget pillow retails for $29 USD, while the largest costs $129 USD. Each pillow is available in nine colors ranging from bright pink to dark gray.
Image Credit: Bearaby
Bearaby Launched the Sustainable, Stress-Relieving 'Hugget' Pillows
1. Eco-conscious Home Goods - Opportunity for companies to develop sustainable products for the home that provide both comfort and promote wellness.
2. Weighted Pillows - Growing trend of using weighted pillows for stress relief and promoting better sleep, leading to development of more unique shapes and sizes.
3. Child Therapy-inspired Design - Incorporation of therapy methods into product design, specifically using research on child therapy techniques to create products for adults.
1. Home Goods - Opportunity for companies to focus on sustainable, wellness-promoting products for the home.
2. Sleep Products - Weighted pillows could disrupt the traditional sleep product industry and lead to development of more innovative designs.
3. Therapy and Mental Health - Use of therapy techniques and research in product design could lead to innovative solutions for mental health and wellness.