A multi-million dollar renovation was announced in early 2021 by the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai and it will not disappoint—among the many updates to existing infrastructure is a hotel aquarium that will bring forth some really exciting experiences for guests. Officially named the 'Kumu Kai Marine Center,' the hotel aquarium is situated at the Resort's King Pond and the volume is estimated at 1.8 million gallons. The resort plans to have marine biologists on-site and guests will be allowed to swim in it, gaining a more in-depth understanding of marine life—approximately 1,000 tropical fish.
In addition to the hotel aquarium, the Kumu Kai Marine Center also includes a touch tank and digital educational displays to engage guests in active learning.
Image Credit: Four Seasons
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Brings New Experiences to the Fore
1. Hotel Aquariums - Hotels are creating immersive experiences for guests with giant aquariums that allow guests to swim with marine creatures, creating opportunities for exhibit design and aquatic education.
2. Marine Education Centers - The creation of large-scale marine education centers in hotels and other attractions allow guests to engage in active learning, creating opportunities for the development of interactive educational tools and immersive experiences.
3. Interactive Touch Tanks - Interactive touch tanks allow guests to connect with marine life in a hands-on way, creating opportunities for technology innovators to develop new, more engaging ways for guests to interact with aquatic creatures.
1. Hospitality - Hotels are integrating interactive aquariums into their infrastructure, creating opportunities for hospitality industry leaders and marine specialists to work together to offer guests more immersive experiences.
2. Aquarium and Exhibit Design - The trend towards larger, more interactive aquariums is creating opportunities for exhibit designers and aquarium architects to develop more innovative and engaging displays.
3. Technology and Education - The creation of large-scale marine education centers is creating opportunities for technological and educational innovators to collaborate and develop new interactive tools to engage and educate guests.