This hot toddy recipe takes a classic autumnal cocktail and combines it with earl grey tea. The warm beverage usually consists of honey, various herbs and spices, hot water and a variety of liquor. Given this loose structure, it is fairly easy to customize it and alter the drink to suit your taste preferences. The blog Carolina Girl Cooks used another traditional warm drink for this very purpose.
To recreate this hot toddy recipe at home, you will need a couple of your favorite earl grey tea bags, boiling water, bourbon, fresh lemon juice and honey. You can also garnish the finished product with additional lemon slices.
This is a tasty way to stay warm as the cooler weather comes in.
This Earl Grey Hot Toddy is a Cozy Cocktail to Keep You Warm This Autumn
1. Adaptogenic Tea Toddies - Incorporating adaptogenic herbs and teas in hot toddy recipes can offer a unique wellness-focused twist.
2. Non-alcoholic Tea Toddies - Replacing traditional spirits with non-alcoholic alternatives in hot toddy recipes can tap into the growing demand for low-alcohol or alcohol-free beverages.
3. Customizable Tea Toddies - Providing customers with the option to customize their hot toddies with different tea blends, herbs, and sweeteners can set businesses apart in the crowded beverage industry.
1. Hospitality - Hotels and bars can offer tea toddies as a cozy and customizable beverage option for guests during the fall and winter seasons.
2. Wellness - Tea toddies using adaptogenic herbs and teas can cater to health-conscious consumers looking for functional beverages.
3. Food and Beverage - Cafes and restaurants can create unique tea toddy offerings to diversify their hot beverage menu and appeal to a wider range of customers.