The Hood by Air Spring/Summer 2014 collection took to the runway stage during New York Fashion Week. The striking streetwear presentation left audience onlookers in awe with its seamless blend of sculptural seaming and varsity-inspired influences.
Paying homage to an urban hip-hop aesthetic, the daring label merges the edgy music genre's themes with a high-fashion sensibility. This unexpected marriage brings a dark and disturbing visual concept to life.
Models took to the stage in athletic-inspired work attire and sculptural scale ensembles that were worn with tribal face paint applications. Profiling a modern-day army of apocalypse survivors, the Hood by Air Spring/Summer 2014 runway presentation embodies a dark and dangerous visual aesthetic that is translated through the label's avant-garde and over-the-top streetwear garments.
The Hood by Air Spring/Summer 2014 Collection is Hip-Hop Inspired
1. Streetwear Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating streetwear garments that merge a high-fashion sensibility with elements of urban hip-hop aesthetic
2. Athleisure - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Designing athletic-inspired work attire that blends seamlessly with high fashion
3. Avant-garde Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Pushing the boundaries of fashion by creating over-the-top streetwear garments with a dark and dangerous visual aesthetic
1. Fashion Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating elements of streetwear and avant-garde fashion into new collections
2. Music and Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with hip-hop artists to create fashion lines that blend their style with high fashion
3. Cosmetics and Body Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating new products and techniques for tribal face paint applications in fashion shows and events