The celebratory season is in full swing and it's time for online retailers to prep for the holiday shopping season with this infograph. Within the past few years, retailers have started broadening to selling online with the help of social media and the expansion of the Internet. Guidance.com is predicting this Christmas season will be a "couch commerce" rush.
In 2012, the eCommerce world has seen $11.6 billion in sales. It is predicted that by 2015, sales will rise to $31 billion. eCommerce will hold 7% of all sales in the United States alone. Guidance.com suggests optimizing one's site layout, mobile functionality, performance, email notifications, SEO and fulfillment. A shocking 72% of online shopping charts are abandoned without purchase. Honing a site's marketing skills is imperative for the impending holiday shopping season.
Prepare Your Online Retail Store for the Holiday Shopping Season
1. Couch Commerce - Retailers should explore ways to optimize their online shopping experience and incentivize customers to buy more, especially from mobile devices.
2. Mobile Optimization - Businesses need to focus on creating mobile-friendly websites and apps to cater to the increasing number of customers using mobile devices for online shopping.
3. Abandoned Cart Recovery - Retailers must work to improve their customer retention by implementing abandoned cart recovery strategies that address reasons for cart abandonment such as shipping fees and long checkout processes.
1. E-commerce - Online retailers must continue to innovate in their selling strategies and optimize their online shopping experience to remain competitive in the growing e-commerce market.
2. Digital Marketing - Digital marketing agencies can help e-commerce businesses improve their SEO, email marketing, and social media presence to attract more customers and boost sales.
3. Mobile App Development - With the growing number of customers using mobile devices for online shopping, there is a need for mobile app developers to create innovative shopping apps that offer intuitive and seamless customer experiences.