Pharrell and adidas have joined forces yet again, this time offering a fresh iteration on the sneaker brand's iconic Stan Smith model, which been dubbed the 'Holi.'
The reworked Stan Smith silhouette boasts a lightweight and breathable material on the uppers, making them more suited to warm weather than many other variations of the simplistic style. The material on the uppers switches between hues of a bright lilac and baby blue, with the colors transitioning in a manner that's similar to a tie-dye shirt.
The vivid uppers are contrasted with white laces and soles, as well as black branding that's included on the tongues and heels of the sneakers. In place of its usual three stripe branding, adidas includes purple stitching on the sides of the sneakers instead.
Image Credit: adidas
Pharrell and adidas Joined to Come Up with the 'Holi' Stan Smiths
1. Sneaker Collaboration - Collaboration between brands like Pharrell and adidas to create unique sneaker designs offers opportunities for disruptive innovation in the footwear industry.
2. Lightweight and Breathable Materials - The use of lightweight and breathable materials in sneaker designs presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the fashion and sportswear industries.
3. Tie-dye-inspired Designs - The popularity of tie-dye-inspired designs in the fashion industry suggests a trend that can be capitalized on by brands seeking to offer unique and eye-catching apparel.
1. Footwear - The footwear industry can explore innovative collaborations and materials to create fresh and exciting designs like the 'Holi' Stan Smiths.
2. Fashion - Incorporating tie-dye-inspired designs in a range of apparel offers disruptive innovation opportunities within the fashion industry.
3. Sportswear - The use of lightweight and breathable materials in sportswear can lead to disruptive innovation in the industry, creating comfortable and functional clothing.