Swiss luxury watchmaker H.Moser & Cie has added a new 'Dual Time' model to its 'Heritage' collection, delivering its classic design elements in an updated, travel-ready model.
Aiming to embody an "adventurous spirit" the 'Dual Time' features a burgundy fumé dial enclosed with a 42mm steel, allowing wearers to view two time zone clocks simultaneously. Other features of this luxury timepiece include an eye-catching sunburst pattern with 'Globolight' numerals, a 'Super-Lumi-Nova' coating on its hands, and an impressive three-day power reserve.
In addition, the watch is powered by H.Moser & Cie's 'HMC 809' automatic movement, which boasts dual time zone functionality. Aesthetically, the watch borrows from early 20th century models as evident by its classic hand-stitched grey kudu leather strap.
Image Credit: H.Moser & Cie
H. Moser & Cie Adds Travel Timepiece to Its 'Heritage' Collection
1. Luxury Travel Watches - The market for luxury travel watches is expanding, with an opportunity for watchmakers to incorporate classical design with updated technological features.
2. Time Zone Functionality in Watches - As travel continues to be a prominent aspect of people's lives, watches with dual time zone functionality feature a disruptive innovation opportunity for watchmakers, particularly those that integrate a unique design with practical travel features.
3. Sustainable Luxury Watchmaking - There's an opportunity for luxury watchmakers to incorporate sustainable practices to their manufacturing process, thereby aligning themselves with conscious consumer trends.
1. Luxury Watchmaking - The luxury watch industry has a long history, but continually advancing technological features and fresh design elements will keep it relevant and evolving.
2. Travel Goods and Accessories - The travel goods and accessories industry can incorporate a similar concept of dual time zone functionality and practicality, particularly as travel resumes after the COVID pandemic.
3. Sustainable Luxury Fashion - Incorporating sustainable practices into luxury fashion manufacturing has been a growing trend, so the luxury watch industry has the potential to align with this trend and incorporate sustainability-friendly principles into their manufacturing processes.