Vivienne Tam unveiled a hot new fashion accessory at her fashion show during Bryant Park’s Mercedes Benz Fashion Week - a red hot HP laptop with her signature peony design.
The HP Vivienne Tam edition laptops made their debut down the runway looking like the latest designer clutch bags. This is an innovative move by a computer company to seek out a top designer to makeover their high tech products into high fashion must-haves. Tam also redesigned the accessories and packaging including a complimentary embroidered storage sleeve.
Her peony design was inspired by Tam’s ‘China Chic’ style, a blend of East and West. The peony is the national flower of China and symbolises beauty, prosperity, good fortune and happiness.
Tam said of her collaborative project,“The notebook is a true reflection of the needs of a modern woman who cares about fashion but is also passionate about her technology. I wanted to create a notebook that would appeal to women of all ages, ethnicities and income levels across the globe.”
HP has also launched Vivienne Tam’s virtual fashion catwalk where you can fun with fashionable outfits.
Vivienne Tam's HP LapTop Makeover
1. Fashion-tech Collaboration - The collaboration between fashion designers and tech companies to create stylish and functional tech accessories presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in both industries.
2. High Tech Fashion Accessories - The trend of transforming high tech products like laptops into fashionable accessories opens up opportunities for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry.
3. Virtual Fashion Experiences - The rise of virtual fashion catwalks and interactive online platforms offers a disruptive innovation opportunity for fashion brands to engage with consumers in new and immersive ways.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by collaborating with tech companies to create trendy tech accessories.
2. Technology - Tech companies can capitalize on the trend of merging fashion and technology by creating high fashion tech products and accessories.
3. Virtual Reality - The fashion industry can leverage virtual reality technology to create interactive and immersive fashion experiences for consumers, opening up new opportunities for disruptive innovation.