Discounting those who work full days on their computers at home, the HIDEsk Folding Desk is everything that the average Westerner might want in a domestic computer table. For the most part, many people are happy to set up temporary productivity centers at the dining room table, on the couch or in bed, but this concept offers a much more convenient and comfortable solution.
Michael Hilgers' design keeps folded up like an easel when it isn't in use, taking up little more than a few short centimeters in width. It can be leaned against a wall or tucked into a closet. When required, the HIDEsk Folding Desk opens up to produce a tabletop for a laptop or a keyboard, as well as a back wall of mounts for the placement of tablets and the storage of cables.
The HIDEsk Folding Desk Strives to Be as Mobile as the Gadgets on it
1. Foldable Workstations - The HIDEsk Folding Desk is an example of a foldable workstation that provides convenience and mobility, opening up disruptive innovation opportunities for home office furniture manufacturers.
2. Space-saving Furniture - The HIDEsk Folding Desk's easel-style design helps in saving space and compact storage, opening up disruptive innovation opportunities for designers of small-space furniture solutions.
3. Multi-functional Desks - The HIDEsk Folding Desk's mounts for tablets and storage of cables show potential disruptive innovation opportunities for designers of multi-functional desks that cater to the needs of modern computer users.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture manufacturers can capitalize on the trend for foldable workstations and space-saving furniture by creating innovative designs that cater to the changing needs of modern, mobile consumers.
2. Home Office Furniture - The HIDEsk Folding Desk is a disruptive product in the home office furniture industry, with its easel-style design and mobility making it a popular choice for remote workers and freelancers.
3. Small-space Furniture - The space-saving design of the HIDEsk Folding Desk presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for small-space furniture designers to create multi-functional furniture that caters to consumers living in urban areas with limited space.