Porsche Design, a product design studio owned by luxury automaker Porsche, has officially added two new slick sunglasses to its 'Hexagon Series.' According to the company, the chic new shades draw inspiration from the design of Porsche's 911 GT3 engine block. This is even where the series gets its name, as the sunglasses feature the same hexagonal screws as the luxury vehicle.
The two new styles include the P’8937 and the P’8938. both of which offer contemporary takes on the classic aviator silhouette. The P’8937 comes with more square-like lenses than traditional aviators; it is also being offered in a wide range of colorways. Meanwhile, the P’8938 delivers a more classic aviator look, leaning into the original's signature tear-drop design.
Image Credit: Porsche Design
Porsche Design Adds Two New Aviator Styles to Its 'Hexagon Series'
1. Reimagined Aviator Sunglasses - Luxury brands can offer new and unique designs to classic sunglasses by drawing inspiration from their other product lines, such as the design of a luxury vehicle engine block.
2. Contemporary Aviator Silhouettes - Contemporary takes on classic aviator designs can provide a fresh upgrade to traditional sunglasses products.
3. Luxury Accessory Inspiration - Accessories inspired by luxury vehicles, items, or designs provide an avenue for brand expansion and product diversification for luxury brands.
1. Luxury Product Design - Luxury product design studios can use cross-brand inspiration to create new product lines and create diversity in their offerings.
2. Fashion and Accessories - Fashion accessory companies can rebrand traditional products, elevating classic designs through inspiration from other luxury goods, and increase product offerings to stay relevant.
3. Luxury Automotive Design - Luxury Automotive brands can leverage their iconic designs into ancillary product lines such as fashion, sunglasses, and other accessories.