The Omiebox is a healthy lunch box alternative to more traditional and basic designs. Although similar to bento-styled lunch boxes that compartmentalize different foods, this design incorporates a section that insulates hot food so as to not affect the other cold or room temperature dishes. Not only does this make the healthy lunch box more versatile, it is more convenient as well so that the main meal doesn't have to be warmed before eaten.
Designed by OmieLife, a studio based in San Francisco, California, the healthy lunch box is targeted towards children. Through these different compartments, it brings attention to healthy eating habits. The fun and bright colors also suit younger audiences. Nevertheless, the Omiebox can be used by adults as well for many of the same reasons.
The OmieBox Holds Hot and Cold Food in One Colorful Container
1. Versatile Lunch Boxes - Incorporating different functions into lunch box designs to suit different meal requirements can provide opportunities for disruptive innovation.
2. Healthy Eating Awareness - Designs which draw attention to healthy eating habits or make it easier to pack healthier choices can disrupt the traditional lunch box industry.
3. Fun Lunch Boxes for Children - Designing fun, colorful lunch boxes specifically targeted towards children can disrupt traditional lunch box designs.
1. Food Packaging and Containers - Incorporating technology/materials for insulation and multi-compartmentalization of food in lunch boxes can bring about disruptive innovation opportunities in the food packaging and containers industry.
2. Children's Products - Creating lunch boxes that provide an interactive and fun experience for children can create disruptive innovation opportunities in the children's products industry.
3. Health and Wellness - Incorporating healthy eating awareness into lunch box designs can create disruptive innovation opportunities in the health and wellness industry.