'HP Hood' recently launched a beverage that is designed to serve as a healthier milk alternative. In recent years, many consumers have turned to nut milk as a way to cut down on the amount of dairy they are consuming. However, there are a number of consumers who are simply looking for a healthier way to continue drinking cow's milk.
'MilkWise' is a dairy-based beverage that is slightly different than fluid milk. MilkWise is made from a combination of low-fat milk, sugar, water and other nutritious ingredients. The idea behind the beverage is to optimize taste, while also cutting down on sugar and calories. Additionally, the drink is fortified with Vitamin D and contains far more calcium than traditional cow's milk. As a result, the beverage is designed to provide a healthier milk alternative for those who do not necessarily need to cut out dairy.
The drink comes in three tasty varieties, including original, vanilla and reduced-sugar vanilla.
This Product is Designed to Provide a Healthier Milk Option
1. Healthier Dairy Drinks - There's room for innovation in creating dairy-based beverages that are better for health-conscious consumers who don't want to entirely eliminate dairy from their diet.
2. Reduced-sugar Beverages - Opportunities for creating healthier flavors of popular drinks (like reduced-sugar vanilla) can appeal to consumers who want both health benefits and taste.
3. Fortified Beverages - Adding more nutrients like Vitamin D and calcium to beverages has potential appeal to health-conscious consumers looking to fill those gaps in their diet.
1. Dairy Products - Dairy producers can explore strategies for innovating their offerings that cater to the consumer segment looking for a healthier and more nutritious cow milk-based drink.
2. Beverage Industry - The launch of MilkWise demonstrates how beverage companies can cater to the growing need for healthier liquid options, particularly for those still looking for dairy options.
3. Functional Food Industry - MilkWise is an example of the trend towards adding more nutritional benefits to food and beverages, and shows opportunity for manufacturers in the functional food industry to explore more products that serve as an alternative to traditional milk.