I think that it is safe to say that some people will be slightly (or more than slightly) offended by the sight and existence of the Headband of Thorns. Clearly inspired by the story of Jesus, it does have a sacrilegious undertone to its design. Yet considering that many guys and girls from younger generations are rocking rosaries as jewelry, I don't think there is really anything to complain about.
Designed by New York-based milliner Gigi Burris, the Headband of Thorns is rather appealing in all of its chicness. More than that, with its edgy and subtly tortured look, it moves away from those cutesy headbands made popular thanks to 'Gossip Girl' while also managing to stay away from being entirely gothlike.
The Headband of Thorns was crafted using Biot feathers, not actual thorns.
Gigi Burris's Headband of Thorns Seems Inspired by Jesus's Story
1. Controversial Fashion Accessories - The rise of unorthodox fashion accessories that challenge conventional designs and serve as a statement piece.
2. Religious-inspired Fashion - Designs that draw inspiration from various religious and cultural symbols, sparking debate on appropriateness and cultural sensitivity.
3. Edgy Hair Accessories - Alternative and unconventional hair accessories that cater to a new generation of customers seeking individuality and uniqueness in styling.
1. Fashion Accessories - Manufacturing and retail industries for fashion accessories, providing platforms for designers and makers to showcase their bold and innovative creations.
2. Religious Artifacts and Souvenirs - Industries that offer religious-inspired artifacts and souvenirs, showcasing innovative designs and catering to a diverse range of customers.
3. Beauty and Haircare - Innovative industries that offer unique hair accessories to push the boundaries of traditional beauty norms, catering to customers seeking edgier and more unconventional styling options.