For the Fall/Winter season of 2017, a new Head of State collection was released. Dubbed 'Hooligans,' the collection draws inspiration from rebellious youth looking to make a statement.
More specifically, the new Head of State collection considers "Nigeria during its post civil war time period," and is styled around how the youth of the generation reacted to the times. Due to these sources of inspiration, the pieces have a certain DIY look to them -- with Head of State's branding and graphics featured in a casual manner that's simultaneously bold.
Hooligans follows another Head of State collection that was dubbed 'Cruel Hands,' which featured similar branding and graphics and made an anarchist statement that focused on contemporary injustices.
The New Head of State Collection Has a DIY Look to It
1. Hooligan-inspired Fashion - The trend towards DIY, rebellious fashion styles inspired by youth culture presents opportunities for clothing brands to incorporate unique designs and bold branding.
2. Post-war Nostalgia Fashion - Fashion collections inspired by historical time periods and specific cultures can offer an opportunity for fashion brands to tap into a consumer desire for distinctive, vintage-inspired pieces.
3. Graphic-heavy Streetwear - Streetwear collections that feature bold graphics and casual styling are increasingly popular and offer opportunities for clothing brands to showcase their logos and branding in unique ways.
1. Fashion Clothing - Fashion clothing industry can incorporate DIY, vintage or graphic-heavy styles in their clothing lines to tap into consumer demand for unique clothing designs.
2. Design & Branding - Companies specializing in design and branding can work with fashion brands to develop stand-out logos, graphics and brand identity that can be used in clothing collections and marketing efforts.
3. Youth Culture Marketing - Marketing agencies can work with fashion brands to develop campaigns that tap into the youth rebellion and punk culture movement, creating a unique brand identity that resonates with younger consumers.