Designers such as Valentino, Dior, Givenchy and others took inspiration from the animal kingdom during last week's Haute Couture Spring 2011 shows. From Givenchy's bison-inspired headdresses to Christian Dior's corvid-mimicking gowns and masks, there was no shortage of wild designs on the catwalk.
Avian, aquatic, reptilian and wild animal fashions gave a glimpse of "spring fever," with some of the most stunning of these animal-inspired fashions including Valentino's interpretation of the jellyfish and Dior's elegant ostrich dress.
Implications - The best part about haute couture week in Paris is that it serves as a celebration of art at its most bare, minimalist form: handcrafting products, high quality fabrics, and top notch materials. With the Spring 2011 couture season just coming to a close, the animal kingdom reigns supreme in the fashion world yet again.
Haute Couture Spring 2011 Shows in Paris Get Wild
1. Animal-inspired Fashion - The animal kingdom has inspired haute couture designers to create stunning fashion, opening opportunities for more animal-inspired designs and themes.
2. Handcrafted Products - Haute couture fashion is a celebration of handcrafted products, high quality fabrics, and top-notch materials, creating opportunities for small businesses and artisans to tap into this market through unique designs.
3. Minimalist Art - Haute couture week in Paris serves as a celebration of minimalist art, opening opportunities for designers to create products that are beautiful in their simplicity and high quality to meet the demand for this style.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can take inspiration from the animal kingdom to create unique collections and tap into the growing demand for animal-inspired fashion.
2. Artisanal Handcrafted Products - Artisans can tap into haute couture's celebration of handcrafted products, high quality fabric, and top-notch materials, creating unique designs that cater to this market.
3. Luxury Products - Manufacturers of luxury products can tap into the growing demand for minimalist art and create high quality minimalist products that cater to this market.