The hashtag t-shirt pokes fun at people who are obsessed with hashtagging every word in a Facebook status, Instagram picture or Twitter post.
The tee says "#nobody #cares #about #your #hashtags," which lets everyone know the overuse of hashtags is extremely annoying. The shirt does offer a sense of irony as each word is hashtagged, however the five tags are placed there on purpose. While none of those words would be hashtagged normally in a post, the wearer of the tee is bringing awareness to the redundancy of most words that people hashtag.
Although the hashtag shirt is minimalist in design, the message is clear. While you may offend people who are avid hashtaggers, you'll also get agreeing nods from people who pass by.
People Who Hate People Who Over Tag Should Wear the Hashtag T-Shirt
1. Mockery Apparel - Growing trend of clothing items that poke fun at commonly annoying social media habits presents an opportunity for companies to create similar products that mock other relatable pet peeves.
2. Irony Humor - The popularity of ironic humor apparel presents an opportunity for brands to capitalize on this trend by creating more designs with messages that express opposite thoughts.
3. Real Talk Messages - The rise of apparel with blunt messages represents an opportunity for companies to design more gear with colloquial phrases and language that resonate with consumers' daily thoughts and experiences.
1. Fashion - There are opportunities for fashion companies to launch lines of ironic, humorous, and blunt apparel that resonates with millennial and Gen Z consumers.
2. E-commerce - E-commerce platforms can offer these types of trendy clothing items in their online stores to tap into the market of younger shoppers seeking relatable apparel.
3. Advertising and Marketing - Marketing and advertising firms can leverage the trend of ironic humor apparel to design and distribute message-based merchandise for promotional purposes.