The Harvest Matching app works to let you know when your garden is ready to be harvested so that you can efficiently enjoy ripe homegrown produce. Designer Ke Chang-Han created the app in order to help urban farmers get the most out of their gardens.
Harvest Matching works to alert you of your garden's status through an elongated solar-powered gadget. All you have to do is stick the device into the soil of your garden. After connecting your smartphone to the gadget, Harvest Matching allows you to get notifications about the ripeness of the produce in your micro-farm.
Chang-Han's concept app was created as a submission for the 2013 Electrolux Design Lab. Harvest Matching is currently a semi-finalist.
The Harvest Matching App Watches Your Urban Farm So You Don't Have To
1. Garden-monitoring Apps - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop advanced garden-monitoring apps that combine data from sensors, weather forecasts, and machine learning algorithms to optimize garden productivity.
2. Ripe Produce Notifications - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create smart devices that can be inserted into garden soil to accurately measure plant growth and send notifications to users when the produce is ready to be harvested.
3. Urban Farm Optimization - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design integrated systems that combine automated irrigation, soil monitoring, and inventory management to efficiently manage urban farms and maximize crop yields.
1. Agtech - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate IoT sensors, AI algorithms, and mobile apps in agriculture to revolutionize urban farming and maximize food production in limited spaces.
2. Smart Gardening - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop smart gardening solutions leveraging IoT devices, weather data, and AI technologies to empower individuals to optimize their gardens for better yields and reduced water waste.
3. Mobile App Development - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create specialized mobile apps for urban farming that provide real-time insights, reminders, and suggestions to users on how to best care for their gardens and improve harvest outcomes.