Multimedia artist Nico Baixas performs and digitally manipulates his own captures to create moving hand art. The resulting effect is a fluidly moving video consisting of nothing but frivolously moving hands and fingers. Because the images are edited to seem symmetrical and geometric, the images look kaleidoscopic. The black background and white moving images have a hauntingly captivating effect.
This video uniquely combines performance, visual arts and video production. It is interesting to think that such a wide range of shapes can be created using snippets of just one subject -- human hands. Digital editing has enabled us to create a fascinating images using clips of anything and everything. Baixas says his possibilites are limitless.
Nico Baixas Performs with and Edits His Own Hands
1. Hand Art - Hand-only images and videos, symmetrical and kaleidoscopic effects.
2. Digital Manipulation of Performance Art - Artists can now use digital tools to edit and enhance live performances, opening up new creative avenues.
3. Multimedia Art Performance - Combining multiple forms of media in a single performance creates an engrossing and unique experience for audiences.
1. Entertainment - Hand art and performance manipulation can be adapted into exciting and new forms of entertainment, such as music videos or live event visuals.
2. Advertising - Create engaging ads that utilize hand art and digital manipulation to showcase a product or service in new and interesting ways.
3. Education - These new forms of artistic expression can be used in education to teach creativity and artistic techniques using digital tools.