Everyone loves to look at a good mugshot (celebrity or not). The pictures in this gallery are a special breed of mugshot - criminals caught in the act while in costume.
All of the unfortunate souls pictured were arrested for various reasons such as public intoxication or chasing children prior to urinating on a front porch. Even more funny than their reasons for being put behind bars, is the amazingly horrible getups that they got caught wearing.
Criminals Caught in the Act While in Costume
1. Costume Arrests - Increased capture of individuals committing crimes while wearing costumes presents an opportunity for businesses to market safer costumes or utilize facial recognition technology to reduce crime.
2. Humorous Mugshots - The rise of social media and internet trends fueling public interest in humorous mugshots presents an opportunity for businesses to produce creative content or develop merchandise related to mugshot culture.
3. Online Shaming Culture - The trend of online shaming and public humiliation of individuals in mugshots highlights a need for businesses to promote responsible use of social media and explore ways to mitigate the negative effects of online shaming.
1. Costume Design - The increase in costume-related arrests provides a marketing opportunity for costume designers to develop safer and more identifiable costumes for consumers to reduce crimes committed while in costume.
2. Social Media Marketing - The trend of humorous mugshots presents an opportunity for social media marketing companies to generate content centered around mugshot culture for increased engagement and brand recognition.
3. Criminal Justice Technology - The increased use of mugshots for public shaming highlights an opportunity for criminal justice technology companies to develop tools or platforms to protect individuals from online abuse and harassment related to their criminal record.