Gudetama tees are the new offering my Uniqlo. The brand has surely become the go-to place for casual and fun graphic tees as the retailer has built an extensive portfolio with collaborations — from artist-inspired clothing that boasts the artworks of Andy Warhol, Keith Haring and Jean-Michel Basquiat to shirts that are adorned with characters from Sesame Street.
For the upcoming season, Uniqlo looks toward the quirky Gudetama character for inspiration. For those unfamiliar with the aesthetic, Gudetama is Sanrio's mascot and it is essentially a "lazy egg with no energy." As this is a popular feeling in the contemporary, plugged-in society, the ultra-relatable Gudetama tees will surely gain interest. Dubbed ‘GURELAXATION,’ the range draws vibes from being lazy this summer and enjoying the weather with minimum movement or effort.
Uniqlo Launches a Range of Gudetama Tees for the Summer Months
1. Casual Graphic Tees - Opportunity for brands to create casual graphic tees featuring popular characters or relatable themes.
2. Character Collaborations - Opportunity for retailers to collaborate with popular characters for unique graphic tee collections.
3. Lazy/relaxed Aesthetic - Opportunity to design clothing inspired by lazy and relaxed themes, reflecting the contemporary plugged-in society.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can capitalize on the trend by producing casual graphic tees and collaborating with popular characters.
2. Retail - Retailers can expand their offerings by partnering with popular characters for unique graphic tee collections.
3. Art and Design - Artists and designers can explore the lazy/relaxed aesthetic in their creations, appealing to the contemporary society's desire for minimal effort.