Italian luxury fashion house Gucci recently unveiled its Grip line at the Baselworld watch and jewelry fair, and it is packed with a plethora of unisex timepiece designs. The fresh lineup features automatic and contemporary looks, drawing inspiration from the 70s scene.
Notably, it dives into the skateboarding culture of the previous era, featuring a smart cushion encasing that have three discs unveiling the hour, minute, and date. The watches are made in either a 35mm or 38mm size with a series of interchanging strap options. This year, there are eight new models in total, with a standout accent of the label's signature bee motif on the stone dials and faces of some designs. The automatic movements are created by Sellita, Swiss specialists and the contemporary designs feature the label's red and green branding.
Gucci's Grip Line is a Series of Automatic and Modern Watches
1. Unisex Timepiece Designs - Design timepieces with a focus on unisex appeal, featuring interchangeable strap options and contemporary looks.
2. Incorporating Skateboarding Culture - Draw inspiration from previous era skateboarding culture in smart and innovative ways to create unique watch designs.
3. Automatic Movement Technology - Incorporate Sellita's automatic movement technology into high-end watch designs to create more sophisticated and accurate timepieces.
1. Luxury Fashion - Luxury fashion brands can explore the field of high-end timepiece design with a focus on unisex appeal and unique functional features.
2. Watchmaking - Watchmaking companies can leverage the trend of incorporating skateboarding culture into timepiece designs to create new product lines with wider consumer appeal.
3. Swiss Technology - Swiss technology companies like Sellita can continue to innovate and develop new technologies for automatic movements in watches, catering to the high-end watchmaking industry.