This striking October editorial for Harper’s Bazaar features Gothic makeup and chic, edgy fashion. Model Marikka Juhler is the center of attention in this Tim Burton style series. Each shot is filled with stylish fall fashion, but with a punkish twist.
Juhler sports curly black locks and black lipstick in this series. She also flaunts a small nose ring, which adds to the overall rebellious feel behind this editorial.
Many of these shots incorporate umbrellas, rain jackets and boots. This is great because fall is generally a rainy time of year, and by including these items, photographer Mari Sarai highlights the fact that these are fall fashion pieces.
These charming rocker chic looks focus on black, white, orange and gold apparel. The Tough Love series proves that being a little daring with your fashion can pay off.
The ‘Tough Love’ Editorial Features Gothic Makeup and
1. Gothic Make-up - Opportunity for companies to innovate with alternative make-up styles and products
2. Punkish Fashion - Opportunity for brands to explore edgier fashion styles and incorporate them into their collections
3. Rainy Day Accessories - Opportunity for companies to create fashionable and practical items that cater to the need for rainproof gear
1. Beauty - Companies in this industry can innovate by offering bold and unconventional beauty products
2. Fashion - Fashion brands can explore edgier styles and accessories to cater to the consumers' changing preferences
3. Outdoor Gear - Companies in this industry can innovate with trendy and fashionable rainproof gear, such as umbrellas and jackets