Google Hangouts has introduced a new desktop app that will allow its users to chat and make calls without having to open their web browser. The desktop app is compatible with Windows and Chrome OS.
Despite rolling out a desktop app, Google Hangouts ensures that chats and notifications between the desktop and mobile apps will be synced. This streamlined design keeps communications accessible without causing confusion. In addition to syncing notifications and chats, contacts will also be gathered in one window that is easy to toggle and navigate.
The app supports both voice and video calls, while also allowing users to listen to voicemails and read text messages using their Google Voice number.
Google Hangouts users using the Chrome extension will soon be prompted to try the desktop app.
The New Google Hangouts App is Fully Desktop-Based
1. Desktop Communication Apps - The rise of desktop communication apps presents an opportunity for businesses to enhance workplace collaboration and productivity.
2. Synced Communication Platforms - The trend of synced communication platforms across desktop and mobile devices opens up possibilities for seamless and efficient communication for individuals and teams.
3. Unified Messaging Solutions - The adoption of unified messaging solutions like Google Hangouts' desktop app can simplify communication and streamline interactions for users.
1. Software Development - The software development industry can create innovative desktop communication apps with advanced features and functionalities.
2. Telecommunications - Telecommunications companies can leverage synced communication platforms to offer integrated services that bridge desktop and mobile devices.
3. Digital Messaging Services - Digital messaging service providers can explore unified messaging solutions to enhance user experience and attract a wider user base.