Molson Coors is leveraging its knowledge of grains to expand into a whole new beverage territory with the launch of the Golden Wing barely milk product. The new beverage is a non-alcohol plant-based milk that will sit in the dairy aisle.
Golden Wing is made with five all-natural ingredients, including non-GMO barley grown by Coors' barley farmers. It is now available at Sprouts and Whole Foods. According to the brand, "Golden Wing has a malty sweetness reminiscent of milk leftover in a bowl of cereal. With a simple ingredient bill of water, barley, sunflower oil, pink Himalayan salt and shiitake mushroom extract, the milk tastes natural without being overly sweet or astringent." Moreover, the beverage is 60% less sugar, 50% more calcium, and twice as much vitamin D compared to traditional 2% milk.
Image Credit: Molson Coors
Molson Coors Recently Debuted a Barley Milk Beverage Called 'Golden Wing'
1. Plant-based Milks - Molson Coors entry to the dairy alternative segment with barley milk presents opportunities to develop more plant-based milk options.
2. Sustainable Farming - The use of non-GMO barley grown by Coors' barley farmers for the production of barley milk creates an opportunity for the development of sustainable farming practices.
3. Healthy Beverages - Golden Wing barley milk's nutritional value presents opportunities for the development of healthier beverages that address health concerns over sugar intake.
1. Food and Beverage - Molson Coors' entry into the plant-based milk sector is an opportunity for innovation in the food and beverage industry.
2. Agriculture - The growth in demand for sustainable farming and non-GMO produce presents opportunities for innovation in the agriculture industry.
3. Health and Wellness - Golden Wing barley milk's nutritional benefits create an opportunity for innovative and healthy products within the health and wellness industry.