A plug-in hybrid is on its way from GM. Reuters reported, "General Motors Corp will reveal a prototype plug-in hybrid at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January; plug-in hybrids are gas-electric vehicles that can recharge their batteries with an extension cord and a normal wall outlet. The advanced technology vehicle would have an extended driving range on battery power and would also have a diesel or gasoline engine that could power the car when the battery was low."
1. Plug-in Hybrids - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop advanced charging technology to improve the efficiency and convenience of plug-in hybrids.
2. Extended Battery Range - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create more cost-effective and longer-lasting batteries to increase the driving range of plug-in hybrids.
3. Alternative Fuel Vehicles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the development of alternative fuel options, such as hydrogen or biofuels, to power plug-in hybrids.
1. Automotive - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Revolutionize the automotive industry by integrating smart charging solutions and advancing battery technology for plug-in hybrids.
2. Energy - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Harness renewable energy sources and develop efficient charging infrastructure to support the widespread adoption of plug-in hybrids.
3. Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop cutting-edge software and connectivity solutions to enhance the performance and user experience of plug-in hybrid vehicles.