While traditional mail may have have become less commonly used after the explosion of email and social media, Peace Quest’s Global Peace-Pal Program is using postcards to send well-wishes from across the globe to people in developing countries.
Each postcard begins as a blank slate, with the sender given the opportunity to write and draw whatever they want on it. The sender is encouraged to write an inspirational message on the back and design a colorful and creative piece of art on the front. Each postcard is sent overseas to a Peace Quest agent who then delivers the mail to various communities.
The program is designed to help dissolve physical barriers between people across the world and to work towards the creation of a global community. The sender of the postcard may also choose to provide a contact address to promote continued communication.
Peace Quest’s Global Peace-Pal Program is a small step towards eroding cultural divides and to open up communication between people who may never meet otherwise.
The Global Peace-Pal Program Uses Art to Break Down Barriers
1. Revival of Snail-mail - The Global Peace-Pal Program is tapping into the nostalgia and personal touch of traditional mail, creating opportunities for businesses to cater to the demand for unique and meaningful postal experiences.
2. Artistic Communication - The emphasis on personalized artwork and writing on postcards presents an opportunity for businesses to offer creative services and products that enhance the visual appeal and emotional impact of communication.
3. Community Building Through Mail - The Global Peace-Pal Program highlights the potential of mail as a tool for building global communities and fostering cultural exchange, providing opportunities for businesses to develop platforms or services that facilitate cross-cultural connections.
1. Stationery and Gifting - The demand for unique and personalized postcards presents an opportunity for businesses in the stationery and gifting industry to offer customizable products that cater to the revival of snail-mail.
2. Art and Design - The integration of art and writing on postcards opens up opportunities for businesses in the art and design industry to provide services or products that help individuals create visually appealing and creative mail.
3. Social Networking and Communication - The focus on community building through mail creates opportunities for businesses in the social networking and communication industry to develop platforms or services that facilitate global connections and cross-cultural communication.