The always-fascinating blogger at Trend de la Crème has uncovered a quirky fashion trend that we are about to see in Spring 2009: dresses with giant faces drawn on them.
Cavalli went for a chic minimal look in his Just Cavalli Spring 2009 collection (images 4+5), while Jean-Charles de Castelbajac went all in with hair and tiaras to complement the giant face in his Spring 2009 collection (images 1+2).
Other designers who are rocking the new trend include Sonia Rykiel and Shantanu Nikhil.
Spring 2009 Fashion Gets Personified
1. Giant-face Fashion - The trend of giant-face dresses and other fashion apparel could expand to incorporate other clothing items.
2. Quirky Designs - Quirky, unusual fashion designs can command attention and disrupt traditional fashion lines.
3. Personified Fashion - Fashion that incorporates unconventional art designs, especially those that rely heavily on faces, could be a new direction for fashion insiders to consider.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can explore quirky and offbeat designs that can catch consumers' attention and differentiate from competitors.
2. Art and Fashion - The fusion of art and fashion offers new avenues of creativity and can appeal to consumers who want unique, unconventional looks.
3. Fashion Marketing - Promoting unconventional, attention-grabbing designs in fashion can be a new marketing tactic used to engage audiences.