The Gaming Mental Health Charity is an organization that seeks to call attention to a very real problem in the industry. On October 10th, 2019 — which by no coincidence is World Mental Health Day, the nonprofit launched the 'Safe in Our World' campaign that looked to "make a difference to everyone connected with the industry, from developers and publishers to the players themselves." The organization intends to build an online environment for resources, information, personal stories and so on, in order to facilitate a safe space and break the stigma of mental health.
As the mandate of Gaming Mental Health Charity is gaining traction, many notable figures in the scene are joining it in the efforts. Most recently, Doug Cockle, who is known for his role in 'The Witcher,' joined, as well as Jo Twist — the CEO of Ukie and chair of the BAFTA Games Committee.
Image Credit: CD Project Red
Tdoug Cockle Joins the Gaming Mental Health Charity
1. Mental Health Awareness in Gaming - Opportunity for gaming companies to integrate mental health awareness into their games and platforms, creating a positive and supportive gaming environment.
2. Collaboration Between Gaming and Mental Health Organizations - Potential for partnerships between gaming companies and mental health organizations to create effective resources and campaigns for mental health support in the industry.
3. Breaking the Stigma of Mental Health - Opportunity for organizations to use the power of gaming to challenge and break the stigma surrounding mental health, promoting understanding and acceptance.
1. Gaming - The gaming industry can play a significant role in raising awareness and support for mental health, integrating mental health initiatives and resources into games and platforms.
2. Mental Health - Mental health organizations can leverage gaming as a medium to reach and engage with a diverse audience, creating innovative ways to provide support, resources, and education.
3. Nonprofit - Nonprofit organizations working in the mental health sector can explore partnerships with gaming companies to leverage the popularity of gaming for fundraising and awareness campaigns.