Director Zack Snyder gave comic book fans everywhere the treat of their lives when he shared the first image of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman during Comic-Con.
The still is from Snyder's upcoming film 'Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice,' which is set for release in May of 2016. The photo follows the release of a profile-view shot of Ben Affleck as Batman. Snyder, Warner Bros and DC are obviously eager to build excitement for what is sure to be one of the biggest, most important superhero movies to date.
In a controversial move, Gadot's Wonder Woman costume trades in the classic red, white and blue color palette of the original for a bronze costume. Regardless of what color she's wearing, I think we can all agree 29-year-old Gadot looks smoking hot!
Zack Snyder Releases the First Image of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman
1. New Age Superheroes - A trend towards reimagining classic superheroes with modern interpretations and new aesthetics.
2. Gender-neutral Superheroes - A trend towards breaking down traditional gender norms with superheroes that challenge the binary.
3. Superheroes in Film - A trend towards creating more complex, nuanced and thoughtful portrayals of superheroes in film.
1. Film - Opportunity to create blockbuster hits by exploring new interpretations of classic superheroes with diverse characters and intriguing storylines.
2. Fashion - Opportunity to create superhero-inspired fashion and merchandise, catering to audiences that desire unique and trendy products with an edgy, modern twist.
3. Social Activism - Opportunity to use superhero characters and their stories as allegories for important social issues, giving audiences compelling and inspiring content that can also have practical impact.