A daringly experimental funeral fashion collection has been proposed by Jingle Yu — a graduate of the Parsons School of Design. Intuitively dubbed 'Die Fabulously,' the range consists of a variety of deconstructed, avant-garde silhouettes for the deceased. The creative turns the notch one further by also attempting to infuse the garments with subtle criticisms of heteronormative standards.
The funeral fashion collection is meant to "provide wearers with a feeling of protection and preservation." The six garments that are conceived by Jingle Yu are like works of art that also attempt to mirror the whimsicality and playfulness in the outfits of queer and trans people. The silhouettes in the funeral fashion capsule are also a way for non-binary individuals to have options for clothes that better reflect their identity.
Jingle Yu Elevates the Style of the Deceased in Immeasurable Ways
1. Experimental Funeral Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating art and identity politics in funeral fashion to offer more personalized and diverse options for the bereaved.
2. Deconstructed Avant-garde Silhouettes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Redefining traditional funerary clothing and aesthetics to create new markets for the fashion industry.
3. Subversive Heteronormative Critiques - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Addressing socio-cultural norms and biases through fashion to create a more inclusive and conscious society.
1. Funeral Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offering more personalized and unconventional funeral options using experimental funeral fashion as a way to add value to the sector.
2. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Opening up new markets and segments by exploring alternative clothing possibilities for the funeral industry.
3. Identity Politics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating identity politics into fashion and funeral services to cater to non-binary individuals, and create a more inclusive society.