Autumn Cast-off Collection From Somewhere
UK fashion label FROM SOMEWHERE was started by Orsola de Castro in 1997 as a collection of one-off designs in high quality, found and recycled materials, using off cuts, pre-consumer surplus and damaged fabrics. With fine detailing, and luxury materials, the cut and paste creations are bespoke, quality designs, that make good use of the industry's waste. Their website now features the Autumn 2008 collection with a video of the models dancing in the colourful clothes collages (available at their west London boutique and soon, via the website) The label is shortlisted for the 2007 UK Fashion Export 'Best Ethical Label' and Orsola is one of the founders and curators of ESTEHICA at London Fashion Week.
1. Sustainable Fashion - There is an opportunity to create more sustainable fashion by using recycled materials and waste from the textile industry, as FROM SOMEWHERE has successfully done.
2. Zero Waste Fashion - The trend of creating zero waste fashion designs can minimize the amount of waste produced by the fashion industry and create more environmentally-conscious clothing.
3. Eco Fashion - The growing trend of eco fashion has opened up opportunities for fashion labels, such as FROM SOMEWHERE, to create clothing that is both stylish and environmentally-friendly.
1. Fashion and Apparel - The fashion and apparel industry can benefit from adopting more sustainable practices by using recycled materials and creating environmentally-friendly clothing.
2. Textile Production - Incorporating waste reduction practices in textile production can minimize the amount of waste produced and potentially lead to more environmentally-conscious practices.
3. Sustainability Consulting - The trend towards more environmentally-friendly practices in the fashion industry opens up opportunities for sustainability consulting firms to assist companies in adopting eco-friendly practices.