Looking at the Form Tea Set, could you guess from which era it has come? The utterly gorgeous collection of pieces is inspired by early 20th century items, yet it's been manufactured with contemporary formal clarity and by the latest manufacturing techniques. Tom Dixon's creations are well and truly timeless.
Six different pieces make up the sophisticated assortment, including a serving tray, a teapot, a pitcher, a milk jug, a tea caddy and a sugar bowl. While they're all different shapes and sizes, they have in common their smoothly sculpted tops, their beveled bottoms and in some cases their cylindrical middles. The purist Form Tea Set pieces have been made of spun brass and stamped solid sheets of metal, then finally dipped for a gilded finish for a totally luxurious look.
The Form Tea Set Melds Modern and Antique Aesthetics in Polished Metal
1. Antique-modern Fusion - A trend of melding antique and traditional aesthetics in contemporary designs presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the home decor industry.
2. Timeless Design - Consumers are seeking timeless, yet contemporary designs, creating opportunities for disruptive innovation in the home goods market.
3. Luxury Metals - The use of gilded brass and other luxury metals is a growing trend in high-end home decor, presenting opportunities for disruptive innovation in the metalworking industry.
1. Home Decor - The home decor industry has an opportunity to innovate by creating designs that meld traditional and contemporary aesthetics, while also utilizing luxury materials such as gilded brass.
2. Home Goods - The home goods market could benefit from innovating with timeless, yet modern designs that appeal to the modern consumer.
3. Metalworking - The metalworking industry has the opportunity to innovate by utilizing luxury metals such as gilded brass in the production of high-end home decor and furnishings.