When I fly into or out of Nashville, which is quite often, I always feel sorry for the musicians who have to lug their guitars on board.
Fredrick Johansson, a commercial pilot and picker, didn't like it either, so he invented a foldable guitar. I looks great. Made from mahogany and aircraft quality aluminum. It folds into a backpack in just 20 seconds. $3,370.
Implications - As technology is making the lives of North Americans more leisurely, consumers have come to expect convenience as a major part of product design. Products, such as the electric guitar, are no longer sacred from the reinvention of designers who look to incorporate modern accessibilities to better user experiences.
The Backpack Electric Guitar
1. Convenient Product Design - The reinvention of products to incorporate modern accessibilities and improve user experiences.
2. Portable Instruments - The development of foldable instruments that are easy to transport for traveling musicians.
3. Leisure Technology - The use of technology to make the lives of consumers more convenient and leisurely.
1. Music Equipment Manufacturing - Opportunity to create and market foldable instruments to meet the needs of traveling musicians.
2. Consumer Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity to develop portable and foldable electronic devices for leisure and convenience.
3. Transportation - Opportunity to design and innovate transportation solutions for musicians and other travelers, taking into account the ease of carrying instruments and equipment.