For years, beverage makers have tried to crack the code to develop an indulgent drink that tastes like a homemade rootbeer float. Cadburry Schweppes, with its brands A&W and Sunkist, is introducing a drink which is supposed to match the flavours of home-made floats.
According to the company, "They are indulgent treats like nothing consumers have experienced before. One pour and your taste buds will be amazed."
A Float is a typical American home-made creation with vanilla ice cream floating in a carbonated soft drink (or soda as the Americans say). The best is made from Root Beer. Contrary to the name, Root Beer is no beer but a soda containing extracts of roots and herbs.
The 11.5-ounce (340 ml) glass bottle delivers a rich and creamy frothiness of homemade ice cream float. The glass bottle combines a nostalgic curved shape with the convenience of a steel twist-off crown cap from Crown Holdings. The bottle, made by Anchor Glass Container, meets the pressure development in post-fill retort processing,
For more technical details continue reading at: "Best In Food and Packaging"
Schweppes Root Beer Float
1. Indulgent Beverage Innovation - Creating drinks that replicate the flavors of homemade treats presents opportunities for indulgent beverage innovation.
2. Nostalgic Packaging - Combining a nostalgic curved glass bottle shape with modern convenience opens up possibilities for packaging innovation.
3. Root Beer Float Experience - Developing products that deliver the rich and creamy frothiness of a homemade ice cream float provides a unique sensory experience.
1. Beverage Manufacturing - Beverage manufacturers can explore creating indulgent drinks that replicate the flavors of homemade treats, like ice cream floats.
2. Packaging Design - Packaging designers can find opportunities to combine nostalgic, curved glass bottle shapes with modern twist-off crown caps for convenience.
3. Food Retail - Food retailers can offer products that provide a sensory experience, replicating the rich and creamy frothiness of a homemade root beer float.