A Brazilian illustrator and graphic designer draws simple symbols from famous movies in a flat design. Rodrigo Gafa creates these striking images for a variety of classic films in a style inspired by Saul Bass (in particular his poster for 'The Man With the Golden Arm' starring Frank Sinatra). The colorful icons are set on a geometric plaque with a monochromatic background.
Featured films include Star Wars, A Clockwork Orange, Despicable Me and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. The great movie themed icons are part of an ongoing flat design project, which is viewable in a gallery on Gafa's website.
The freelance illustrator and designer specializes in game design but also studied traditional animation at Melies Animation School.
Rodrigo Gafa Creates Symbolic Flat Design Images of Famous Films
1. Flat Design Illustrations - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating more engaging user interface designs through using flat design illustrations.
2. Symbolic Movie Art - Opportunity for disrupting the fine art industry through creating a niche market centered around symbolic movie art.
3. Geometric Plaque Design - Opportunity for disrupting the home decor industry through creating a new design style centered around minimalist geometric plaques.
1. User Interface Design - Gafa's flat design illustrations can be used in creating a more user-friendly and visually appealing interfaces in the tech industry.
2. Fine Art - Gafa's symbolic movie art can bring a unique perspective to the traditional painting industry and captivate a new audience.
3. Home Decor - Gafa's use of minimalist geometric plaques presents an opportunity to disrupt the home decor industry with a new style of wall art.