Jordan Brand introduces a new iteration of its signature Air Jordan 1 sneaker silhouette -- the latest update is bold and captivating, boasting the name 'Flashing Lights.' The new iteration of the familiar silhouette is a mid-cut structure that references the 70s, specifically the glamorous times and the shimmery disco ball.
The eclectic look of the design follows its namesake directly. The uppers are constructed completely from a shiny leather material in metallic silver. This is also adorned in grid-like cut-outs to imitate the exact look of the geometrics on the disco ball. The shoe's throat features a gray mesh material before the badge is detailed with captivating silver patent leather. The same material is found on the midfoot Swoosh as a bold branding detail.
Image Credit: Nike
Jordan Brand's Iconic Air Jordan 1s Get a Flashing Lights Makeover
1. Disco-inspired Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to create disco-inspired clothing and accessories.
2. Shiny Materials - Opportunity for material innovation and experimentation with shiny, metallic finishes.
3. Retro-futuristic Design - Opportunity for designers to incorporate retro-futuristic design elements into their products.
1. Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to incorporate disco-inspired elements into their products.
2. Material Science - Opportunity for material scientists to develop new shiny, metallic finishes and materials.
3. Footwear - Opportunity for footwear brands to experiment with bold and innovative designs.