Think twice before you go comparing the Fiat Panda monster truck to the Smart Fortwo monster truck from a few years back. Fiat created the monster Panda to celebrate the car winning Top Gear Magazine's 4X4 SUV of the Year. The pint-sized Panda beat out stiff competition from the likes of Range Rover, Audi and others.
The Fiat Panda monster truck is the equivalent of an automotive Frankenstein monster. The chassis was sourced from a Jeep CJ-7 and the wheels and tires both came from tractors. Hey, at least the body shell came from an actual Fiat Panda. You can check out the Fiat Panda monster truck tearing through the snow in the video below. How much fun do you want to bet the driver in this commercial had?
The Fiat Panda Monster Truck is a Top Gear Tribute
1. Larger-than-life Vehicles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop oversized vehicles that combine elements from different vehicle types to create unique and attention-grabbing designs.
2. Branded Tribute Vehicles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with popular magazines or media outlets to create branded vehicles that pay tribute to award-winning cars, generating buzz and brand recognition.
3. Extreme Off-roading Experiences - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offer extreme off-roading experiences using monster trucks or modified vehicles, targeting adventurous consumers looking for adrenaline-pumping adventures.
1. Automotive - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce unconventional vehicle designs, like monster trucks, to attract niche markets and create a unique brand identity.
2. Media and Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with automotive companies to create branded tribute vehicles, generating engaging content and promotional opportunities for both parties.
3. Adventure Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop extreme off-roading experiences using oversized vehicles, appealing to thrill-seekers and adrenaline junkies looking for unconventional adventures.