You know what is popping up as the hot thing for women runners? Skirts. Running skirts. It seems that women’s fitness wear comes in two sizes, boy-baggy or too-tight. Running skirts are filling that gap, already showing up in high-profile marathons and at public parks.
A runner in her 40’s said she felt “womanly” wearing a running skirt. She was shocked when she caught a vision of herself in a window and realized that she looked like a boy in shorts. The stretchy skirts have built-in shorts underneath for coverage.
Feminine Fitness Wear
1. Feminine Fitness Wear - Opportunity for the development of more feminine options in traditionally male-dominated sports apparel.
2. Athletic Skirts - Development of functional skirts for various athletic pursuits, expanding beyond running.
3. Fashionable Workout Clothing - Incorporating style and fashion into workout clothing to appeal to a wider market.
1. Sportswear - Opportunity for sportswear manufacturers to expand their product lines to include feminine athletic wear.
2. Fashion - Partnering with athletic wear manufacturers to create fashionable workout clothing lines.
3. Fitness - Creating product lines that cater to the feminine market for fitness apparel.