Held by The North Face, this fashion auction is a testimony to the brand's heritage. The initiative is part of the label's Renewed Program which launched in 2018 and which now has expanded to include a Design Residency. As a result, the fashion auction is launched to celebrate the progress of the program and recognize its implications for sustainability in the industry.
The North Face will be offering "four upcycled vintage items designed by several of its senior designers." Each garment is sure to be a deep interpretation of the sports label's ethos and aesthetic. The renewed pieces will be offered in two installments from February 5th until February 19th. Proceeds will go toward The North Face Explore Fund, "which divests funds to non-profit environmental organizations."
The North Face is Refurbishing One-off Vintage Garments for Charity
1. Refurbished Vintage Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating sustainable fashion items by refurbishing and upcycling vintage garments.
2. Fashion Auctions for Charity - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Using fashion auctions as a platform to raise funds for non-profit organizations and promote social causes.
3. Sustainability in the Fashion Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implementing sustainable practices and programs in the fashion industry to reduce waste and promote environmental responsibility.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating refurbished vintage fashion and sustainable practices in the fashion industry to meet consumer demand for eco-friendly and unique clothing.
2. Non-profit - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging fashion auctions to raise funds for non-profit organizations and support their environmental and social initiatives.
3. Environmental - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Partnering with fashion brands to promote sustainability and drive positive change in the environment by supporting organizations that work towards a greener future.