Just as the way people order and pick up restaurant food is changing, so are farmers' markets and Chipotle introduced a virtual farmers' market app powered by Shopify to support suppliers and farmers during a difficult time. The Chipotle Virtual Farmers' Market was created for farmers within the Chipotle supply chain and it helps to offer a streamlined way for them to improve or launch e-commerce solutions.
With this resource, Chipotle suppliers will be able to sell meat, dairy and grain and a variety of other products directly to consumers. To further extend support to the members in its supply chain, Chipotle is also covering the hosting fees on Shopify for two years and supporting the design and development process of creating virtual direct-to-consumer storefronts.
Image Credit: Chipotle Mexican Grill
Chipotle's Online Marketplace Supports Supplies & Farmers
1. Virtual Farmers' Market - Opportunity to create online platforms connecting farmers directly with consumers, bypassing traditional farmers' markets.
2. E-commerce Solutions for Farmers - Opportunity to help farmers improve or launch their own e-commerce platforms to reach a wider consumer base.
3. Streamlined Supply Chain - Opportunity to streamline the supply chain by connecting farmers and suppliers directly with consumers.
1. Agriculture - Opportunity for the agriculture industry to adopt online marketplaces and e-commerce solutions to reach consumers directly.
2. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for the food and beverage industry to support farmers and suppliers through virtual farmers' market apps and direct-to-consumer storefronts.
3. Technology - Opportunity for the technology industry to develop and provide the necessary infrastructure and tools for virtual farmers' market apps and e-commerce solutions.