If conscious consumerism is important to you, this blend of fair trade coffee is the one for you. From No Six Depot, the Seck-Sie blend consists of beans harvested from a women's co-operative established by Ibu Rahmah in the Takengon Highland forests located in the Aceh region of Indonesia. The co-op (Koperasi Pedagang Kopi Ketiara) has operated a family-run coffee business for over two decades, becoming both fair trade and organic in 2012. The Koperasi Pedagang Kopi Ketiara co-op also runs programs relating to health, education and community infrastructure.
The fair trade coffee is roasted in the Berkshires, Massachusetts. The Sumatra Ketiara Organic combines light, medium and dark roasts in one blend in order to bring out different characteristics.
This Fair Trade Coffee Benefits an Indonesian Women's Group
1. Socially Conscious Food - Fair trade and organic food products that support community initiatives with social impact.
2. Women's Empowerment - Encouraging gender parity, supporting the role of women in the supply chain and providing financial opportunities to positively impact communities.
3. Community-driven Development - Investing in small-scale communities to enable access to global supply chains and markets, providing more direct financial benefits through fair trade agreements.
1. Coffee Production - Investing in fair trade and organic certification processes to support communities and promote sustainable land use and economic development.
2. Food and Beverage - Exploring the potential of empowering small-scale community cooperatives and off-grid farming practices to promote sustainability and social impact in the agricultural industry.
3. Social Entrepreneurship - Promoting business models that invest in community and social development, contributing to the shift towards conscious consumerism and sustainable living.